Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Early Childhood Education)
- Locations: Palmerston North Campus
- A distance learning extramural option is also available to study for the Grad diploma from anywhere in New Zealand.
- 1 year full-time or part-time over 2 years
- February – November study year (no mid-year intake)
Applicants must hold a primary teachers' qualification or a Bachelor's degree.
This programme also includes a total of 14 weeks (three blocks) of practica, where students will gain teaching experience in kindergarten and early childhood centres.
The Graduate Diploma is a professional qualification and, as such, the papers studied are compulsory. The Graduate Diploma is made up of papers from three broad areas of study:
1. Professional Inquiry and Practice, which integrates supervised teaching experience in early childhood settings
2. Professional Studies
3. Curriculum Subject Studies.