By Rachel Pratt
Are one or more of the children a picky eater?
Meal times have the potential to be very stressful occasions. Some children may display anxiety and unhealthy eating habits when they begin early childhood education, others may display behaviours at different times that you are wondering if these are normal, and what to say, do and change.
This article covers:
- The teachers/ carers role in providing for a range of children's food preferences and eating behaviours
- Expectations for children's eating in the preschool years and normal variation in habits and food interests
- Discussion about food anxiety and responding to concerns a parent may have for their child
- DIetary and value/cultural requirements
- Teaching strategies and approaches
- A summary of the main points to remember
Oops ... you are attempting to view an article or a resource in the member-only area.
To keep reading, you need to login with your membership login
If this is not one of our 'Educators' or 'Service Provider' articles, then it is most likely a NZ-Int Research in ECE Journal article that can be accessed through a library subscription or a research membership if you are not an educator or service provider.
Not a member? Look below ↓ for the click here button ↓ It will take you to the membership page to sign up and choose your own unique username and password.