By Rachel Pratt
Are one or more of the children you are working with a picky eater?
Meal times have the potential to be very stressful occasions. Some children may already be displaying anxiety and unhealthy eating habits when they begin early childhood education, others may display behaviours at different times that you are wondering if these are normal, and what to say, do and change.
This article covers:
- The teachers/ carers role in providing for a range of children's food preferences and eating behaviours
- Expectations for children's eating in the preschool years and normal variation in habits and food interests
- Discussion about food anxiety and responding to concerns a parent may have for their child
- DIetary and value/cultural requirements
- Teaching strategies and approaches
- A summary of the main points to remember
Login with your member's username and password to keep reading
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles - along with support and a range of other benefits as outlined on the Join Us page
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and the articles in all past and current jounral issues.
Should you not hold a current membership – you are welcome to apply now.