By Rachel Pratt
Are one or more of the children you are working with a picky eater?
Meal times have the potential to be very stressful occasions. Some children may already be displaying anxiety and unhealthy eating habits when they begin early childhood education, others may display behaviours at different times that you are wondering if these are normal, and what to say, do and change.
This article covers:
- The teachers/ carers role in providing for a range of children's food preferences and eating behaviours
- Expectations for children's eating in the preschool years and normal variation in habits and food interests
- Discussion about food anxiety and responding to concerns a parent may have for their child
- DIetary and value/cultural requirements
- Teaching strategies and approaches
- A summary of the main points to remember
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Members can view all the individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Full Early Childhood Service Members (staff and managers) can view everything including individual member articles, ECE research journals, and management and business (Go to the Join Us page for more details)
- Research Library subscribers have access only to our online library of Research Journals (this includes all past and current journal issues).
If you are not yet a member you are welcome to apply now - it takes only a few minutes to apply Go to the JOIN US page