When planning a children's party the first things to consider are:
- The birthday child's age and developmental abilities so that the party games, food (etc) are appropriate.
- The child's personal likes and interests (e.g. you would not organise an inside noisy dance party with lots of friends for a 4-year-old girl who is quiet and reserved and does not like dancing).
- Any family beliefs and values surrounding whether and how the child's birthday can be celebrated. Some religious groups (e.g. Jehovah's Witnesses) and individual families choose not to recognise birthdays.
- Allergies and dietary factors for the birthday child and those who are to be attending the party (click here for info on food allergy management)
- Food preferences, for example the saveloy is a popular party food in NZ and Australia but may disgust and leave children and parents who are vegetarian hungry.
Below are top tips for planning a fun and happy party for all, party activity ideas, games, party themes, and top party food ideas.
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Or click on the blue button below to join