Here’s an idea that could help to achieve two things that the government wants for the early childhood sector:
- Not to increase fees to parents when government funding to services with 80% or more registered teachers is cut from February 2011, and
- To reduce bureaucracy, unnecessary paper work, and reduce the costs of compliance.
The idea comes from HP Luthera who writes:
“The early childcare sector should have exemption from GST like residential house rent. It will give big relief to working parents who do not receive any funding. ChildForum should seek views and pursue.”
This idea has merit.
Login with your member's username and password to keep reading
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles - along with support and a range of other benefits as outlined on the Join Us page
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and the articles in all past and current jounral issues.
Should you not hold a current membership – you are welcome to apply now.