Here’s an idea that could help to achieve two things that the government wants for the early childhood sector:
- Not to increase fees to parents when government funding to services with 80% or more registered teachers is cut from February 2011, and
- To reduce bureaucracy, unnecessary paper work, and reduce the costs of compliance.
The idea comes from HP Luthera who writes:
“The early childcare sector should have exemption from GST like residential house rent. It will give big relief to working parents who do not receive any funding. ChildForum should seek views and pursue.”
This idea has merit.
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Members can view all the individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Full Early Childhood Service Members (staff and managers) can view everything including individual member articles, ECE research journals, and management and business (Go to the Join Us page for more details)
- Research Library subscribers have access only to our online library of Research Journals (this includes all past and current journal issues).
If you are not yet a member you are welcome to apply now - it takes only a few minutes to apply Go to the JOIN US page