By Rachel Pratt
This new employment law takes effect from 1 May 2019
Employer specific management advice on rest and meal breaks for staff is also available and can be found in the ECE Service Members' Area.
Working with children is a very busy and demanding job and employees are often questioning what their entitlements are when they come to breaks.
There is a huge variation of break times across the sector.
So what are early childhood teachers entitled to when it comes to break times and what can you do if you are not getting at least the minimum breaks?
1. Legal entitlements for breaks
2. What does this mean for teachers
3. Types of agreements
4. How important are breaks and the arguments for these
5. Negotiating contracts
6. Strict rostering versus flexibility timing of breaks
7. Not getting your entitlement?
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Or click on the blue button below to join