Changing practice through technology: Our centre's journey from paper to screen
By Deborah Thomas*
I would like to share with you our journey from paper to screen as we researched many online providers and chose a platform.
We found after choosing Storypark that we could do many things we couldn't do before, enhancing the quality of assessment, sharing and children's learning.
What we wanted
- A genuine inclusion of the parent's voice.
- To include the child's voice unedited and unchanged through interpretation.
- Individuality and creativity with flexibility to create different types of observations and learning stories.
- A safe sharing space.
- Ability to take and share video.
- Confidentiality, yet the ability to communicate openly on different levels, e.g. parent, centre, school.
- Ability to collaborate with children.
- Ability to share ongoing learning progress instead of waiting until the end of a term.
- Time efficiency.
- To save folders, plastic sleeves and copious amounts of paper for 80 children.
- To use technology for the better, not for the sake of it.
Platforms we tried
We asked companies to come and share their services, but we ended up with more questions than we started with. The bigger issues emerging concerned safety, data storage and confidentiality.
Oops ... you are not logged on. Don't miss out!
To keep reading, you need to login
Not a member? Look below ↓ for the click here button below ↓ It will take you to the membership page to choose your own unique username and password.