by Sarah Farquhar
Links to Research
Click here for information on a research paper by Valerie Margrain on young children who can read before they start school in New Zealand. The paper is titled "Inside the Greenhouse: Hothousing, Cultivating, Tending
Click here for information on a research paper by Caterina Murphy "How Do Young Children Who Are Gifted Play In An Early Childhood Centre Setting?". (If you are a ChildForum member you will be also be able to view and download a PDF of this paper for free).
Below is a report on a professional development workship on Responding to Gifted Children. This covers:
- Problems in identifying whether a child is gifted
- Clues from children's behaviour and how children can hide their ability
- Funding and education policy
- Links to pdf copies of presentations
To keep reading and view the full article login with your member's username and password
Here’s how our membership plans work:
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals (but not the ECE Service management article area). In addition, individual members can discuss and ask questions of fellow members any time through the online childcare and early childhood education practice, policy, and research discussion forum.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles. Also on this membership plan members can access the online discussion forum for individual members AND the online ECE service management / business forum.
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and related research articles only
Should you not hold a current membership – you are welcome to apply now.