by Sarah Alexander
Links to Research
Click here for information on a research paper by Valerie Margrain on young children who can read before they start school in New Zealand. The paper is titled "Inside the Greenhouse: Hothousing, Cultivating, Tending or Nurturing Precocious Readers". (If you are a ChildForum member you will be able to view and download a PDF of this paper for free).
Click here for information on a research paper by Caterina Murphy "How Do Young Children Who Are Gifted Play In An Early Childhood Centre Setting?". (If you are a ChildForum member you will be also be able to view and download a PDF of this paper for free).
Below is a report on a professional development workship on Responding to Gifted Children. This covers:
- Problems in identifying whether a child is gifted
- Clues from children's behaviour and how children can hide their ability
- Funding and education policy
- Links to pdf copies of presentations
Login with your member's username and password to keep reading
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles - along with support and a range of other benefits as outlined on the Join Us page
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and the articles in all past and current jounral issues.
Should you not hold a current membership – you are welcome to apply now.