by Sarah Alexander
Links to Research
Click here for information on a research paper by Valerie Margrain on young children who can read before they start school in New Zealand. The paper is titled "Inside the Greenhouse: Hothousing, Cultivating, Tending or Nurturing Precocious Readers". (If you are a ChildForum member you will be able to view and download a PDF of this paper for free).
Click here for information on a research paper by Caterina Murphy "How Do Young Children Who Are Gifted Play In An Early Childhood Centre Setting?". (If you are a ChildForum member you will be also be able to view and download a PDF of this paper for free).
Below is a report on a professional development workship on Responding to Gifted Children. This covers:
- Problems in identifying whether a child is gifted
- Clues from children's behaviour and how children can hide their ability
- Funding and education policy
- Links to pdf copies of presentations
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Members can view all the individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Full Early Childhood Service Members (staff and managers) can view everything including individual member articles, ECE research journals, and management and business (Go to the Join Us page for more details)
- Research Library subscribers have access only to our online library of Research Journals (this includes all past and current journal issues).
If you are not yet a member you are welcome to apply now - it takes only a few minutes to apply Go to the JOIN US page