1. For specific information on health issues, like what to do about cats or bugs in the sandpit, and safety issues to do with things like the cover, the type of spade, overhanging trees, etc go to the sandpit health and safety article for ECE managers here ...
2. To get fresh ideas for sandpit design and what a good sandpit looks like click here ...
3. Below are practical tips and guidance for teachers and parents on
- variations to basic sandpit play equipment and changes you can introduce daily or weekly to maintain and invigroate children's interest and particiption,
- ways to get children learning and exploring science and maths through sand play,
- and fun sandpit activities, including making a bubbling volcano that children love! and are good for their learning too.
Sandpit ideas for extending play and turning it into an amazing social hub for learning
One of the best clues as to how much an early childhood centre cares about its children's social life, development of physical skills, and learning of maths and science is to take a look at its sandpit.
The sandpit can act as a fun social hub or centre for creating and constructing, and for maths and science.
To achieve this it is essential to introduce variety for children and new ideas on a regular basis. Here's how...
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Or click on the blue button below to join