If you have a job to offer (e.g. cook, researcher, educator, administrator) or if you are available for part-time, full-time, reliving or contract work let others know here.
Don't forget to include a method for contacting you e.g. email address, perhaps one that you set up especially for this purpose and not a personal email address. (No files or pictures please).
Calling all Early Childhood Teachers
1 year 9 months ago #928
Are you a passionate Early Childhood Teacher looking for an amazing centre to work in?
Akoranga Childcare Centre is the place for you! We are seeking an energetic teacher to join our fantastic team.
Akoranga Childcare Centre is a not-for-profit mixed age centre, with a strong emphasis on staff and child well-being and centre community. We are located on AUT's North Campus and licensed for 40 children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years. We are seeking a fully trained passionate, motivated ECE teacher to join our great teaching team.
“Children are active participants in a challenging and responsive curriculum. They are well supported by teachers to see themselves as capable and confident partners in the learning process. Children show initiative and engagement in leading their own uninterrupted learning for sustained periods. They have access to a wide variety of resources in all learning areas. The natural and open-ended resources promote children's creativity and provide them with good opportunities to explore.” – ERO report June 2018
We highly value and support our teachers, providing competitive remuneration, regular high quality professional development, regular off site non-contact time, amazing resources within our natural centre environment, higher than regulation teacher:child ratios and a very stable consistent team.
This position is a full time, permanent position.
The successful applicant will possess:
* A recognised ECE degree
* Have a passion for children’s learning, with energy and enthusiasm to match
* The ability to identify children’s unique strengths and interests
* The ability to work well in a team, and as an effective team member, with a wide range of people
* Have a strong understanding of Te Whāriki
* A good command of the English language and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Self motivation, initiative and great time management skills
In return we can offer:
* Support and mentoring from an experienced teaching team
* Regular high quality professional development
* Competitive remuneration package
* Higher than regulation teacher:child ratios
* Extremely well resourced centre
* Regular off site non-contact time
The successful applicant will have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
If this sounds like you, I’d love to hear from you!