Hi, can you please help me and my kohanga. I don’t know how or where to get funding for an outside playground!!!! This is my first time trying to get a grant.......I'm really on the fundraising committee but I just found out there is no funding committee so I'm giving it a go
When ChildForum received the above request for information on raising funds we realised there was not a single up-to-date early childhood resource available that brings together all the information needed.
Morning teas, cake raffles, bike-a-thons, kids discos and getting commission from sales of tea towels and children's photos etc, are common ways early childhood services earn a bit more money. But when your service has a special project it wants to do and needs a lot more money you will need to look at applying for grants and other ideas.
Keep reading -
The Contents of this Guide
1. Why fundraise
2. Grants available and how to source information on grants
3. Improving your success rates in applications for grants
4. How to get more funds with less effort - other ways to get funds
5. Thinking outside of the square for novel ideas for fundraising
6. Ethical fundraising, what grants you should/ should not accept, and maintaining a good image for your service
1. Why Fundraise
The Ministry of Education Governance and Management Support Tool (2009) for ECE Services states that services should:
- Identify fundraising targets and plan fundraising events.
- Obtain information about available grants and apply for those which are relevant.
Note: your service's constitutional status will affect your eligibility.
This information or article is exclusively for our early childhood service members holding a full membership
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Members can view all the individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Full Early Childhood Service Members (staff and managers) can view everything including individual member articles, ECE research journals, and management and business (Go to the Join Us page for more details)
- Research Library subscribers have access only to our online library of Research Journals (this includes all past and current journal issues).
If you are not yet a member you are welcome to apply now by going to the JOIN US page.