Hi, can you please help me and my kohanga. I don’t know how or where to get funding for an outside playground!!!! This is my first time trying to get a grant.......I'm really on the fundraising committee but I just found out there is no funding committee so I'm giving it a go
When ChildForum received the above request for information on raising funds we realised there was not a single up-to-date early childhood resource available that brings together all the information needed.
Morning teas, cake raffles, bike-a-thons, kids discos and getting commission from sales of tea towels and children's photos etc, are common ways early childhood services earn a bit more money. But when your service has a special project it wants to do and needs a lot more money you will need to look at applying for grants and other ideas.
Keep reading -
The Contents of this Guide
1. Why fundraise
2. Grants available and how to source information on grants
3. Improving your success rates in applications for grants
4. How to get more funds with less effort - other ways to get funds
5. Thinking outside of the square for novel ideas for fundraising
6. Ethical fundraising, what grants you should/ should not accept, and maintaining a good image for your service
1. Why Fundraise
The Ministry of Education Governance and Management Support Tool (2009) for ECE Services states that services should:
- Identify fundraising targets and plan fundraising events.
- Obtain information about available grants and apply for those which are relevant.
Note: your service's constitutional status will affect your eligibility.
Sorry, this information or article is available only to early childhood service members. Log in with your ECE service’s username and password to read more and view the full page.
Here’s how our membership plans work;
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles. Also, on this membership plan members can access the online discussion form for individual members AND the online ECE service management / business forum.
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and related research articles only
Should you not hold a current membership, or should you wish to apply to upgrade from an individual to an ECE Service membership plan for your ECE service – you are welcome to apply now.