By Sarah Alexander
There seems to be so much to do in trying to provide a quality service, does there not?
Is all your work worth it or could a change in focus and method achieve better results?
To help you to think critically on this consider your responses to the following questions:
- Who defines what quality is? And for whom?
- Whose quality do you prioritise and why?
- How much time, energy and money (e.g. additional staffing, administration and training costs) do you (your service) put into meeting external licensing and other legal requirements, expectations for conformance from the Ministry of Education and Education Review Office and professional obligations? Now, compare this with the time, energy and money put into researching, discussing, planning and anticipating children’s and parents’ wishes and perspectives.
Sorry, this information or article is available only to early childhood service members. Log in with your ECE service’s username and password to read more and view the full page.
Here’s how our membership plans work;
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles. Also, on this membership plan members can access the online discussion form for individual members AND the online ECE service management / business forum.
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and related research articles only
Should you not hold a current membership, or should you wish to apply to upgrade from an individual to an ECE Service membership plan for your ECE service – you are welcome to apply now.