Online Links to Further Information and Guidance
- Shade in Centres and Planning Considerations for Sun Protection, Safety, and Children's Learning
- Policy Template for ECE Services and Tips
- Recommended ways for protecting children's skin, eyes, and health from the harmful effects of the sun
- Being Safe in the Sun Leaning Activities, Songs, Art & Craft, Science, Drama etc
Sun Protection for Children and Staff: Management responsibilities and problems
This article covers the key reasons for implementing sun protection measures in early childhood services and the basic knowledge managers, team leaders, and educators need to have an understanding of.
It also includes some practical tips for incorporating sun protection practices easily into your programme along with covering some frequently mentioned issues:
- Whether or not to restrict children’s access to outdoor play
- How to get good support from parents and families
- Management’s responsibility to staff, and staff own responsibility for personal sun protection
Check out also our other ChildForum articles on this website. These include: some great teaching ideas and activities, ECE service sun protection policy guidelines and template, shade planning and design information and guidance, and internationally accepted recommendations for best practices for keeping children safe with discussion of special considerations for infants.
To keep reading, login with your ECE Service's member username and password. If you don't know what your service's login is ask your manager or team leader
Not a member? Click on the blue button below to join