This article covers the key reasons for implementing sun protection measures in early childhood services and the basic knowledge managers, team leaders, and educators need to have an understanding of.
It also includes some practical tips for incorporating sun protection practices easily into your programme along with covering some frequently mentioned issues:
- Whether or not to restrict children’s access to outdoor play
- How to get good support from parents and families
- Management’s responsibility to staff, and staff own responsibility for personal sun protection
Check out also our other ChildForum articles on this website. These include: some great teaching ideas and activities, ECE service sun protection policy guidelines and template, shade planning and design information and guidance, and internationally accepted recommendations for best practices for keeping children safe with discussion of special considerations for infants.
This information or article is exclusively for our early childhood service members holding a full membership
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Members can view all the individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Full Early Childhood Service Members (staff and managers) can view everything including individual member articles, ECE research journals, and management and business (Go to the Join Us page for more details)
- Research Library subscribers have access only to our online library of Research Journals (this includes all past and current journal issues).
If you are not yet a member you are welcome to apply now by going to the JOIN US page.