Online Links to Further Information and Guidance
- Shade in Centres and Planning Considerations for Sun Protection, Safety, and Children's Learning
- Policy Template for ECE Services and Tips
- Recommended ways for protecting children's skin, eyes, and health from the harmful effects of the sun
- Being Safe in the Sun Leaning Activities, Songs, Art & Craft, Science, Drama etc
Sun Protection for Children and Staff: Management responsibilities and problems
This article covers the key reasons for implementing sun protection measures in early childhood services and the basic knowledge managers, team leaders, and educators need to have an understanding of.
It also includes some practical tips for incorporating sun protection practices easily into your programme along with covering some frequently mentioned issues:
- Whether or not to restrict children’s access to outdoor play
- How to get good support from parents and families
- Management’s responsibility to staff, and staff own responsibility for personal sun protection
Check out also our other ChildForum articles on this website. These include: some great teaching ideas and activities, ECE service sun protection policy guidelines and template, shade planning and design information and guidance, and internationally accepted recommendations for best practices for keeping children safe with discussion of special considerations for infants.
Oops ... you are attempting to read material available exclusively to our ECE Service Provider members.
Login first to be able to access this article or resource
If you are not an ECE Service Provider, you may be eligible for membership as an Educator. There are many other great articles and different resources available in the member-only area for Educators.
To take out membership or to restore access if your membership has expired, look below ↓ for the click here button ↓ It will take you to the membership page to sign-up and choose your own unique username and password.