This article covers the key reasons for implementing sun protection measures in early childhood services and the basic knowledge managers, team leaders, and educators need to have an understanding of.
It also includes some practical tips for incorporating sun protection practices easily into your programme along with covering some frequently mentioned issues:
- Whether or not to restrict children’s access to outdoor play
- How to get good support from parents and families
- Management’s responsibility to staff, and staff own responsibility for personal sun protection
Check out also our other ChildForum articles on this website. These include: some great teaching ideas and activities, ECE service sun protection policy guidelines and template, shade planning and design information and guidance, and internationally accepted recommendations for best practices for keeping children safe with discussion of special considerations for infants.
Sorry, this information or article is available only to early childhood service members. Log in with your ECE service’s username and password to read more and view the full page.
Here’s how our membership plans work;
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles. Also, on this membership plan members can access the online discussion form for individual members AND the online ECE service management / business forum.
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and related research articles only
Should you not hold a current membership, or should you wish to apply to upgrade from an individual to an ECE Service membership plan for your ECE service – you are welcome to apply now.