This article covers the key reasons for implementing sun protection measures in early childhood services and the basic knowledge managers, team leaders, and educators need to have an understanding of.
It also includes some practical tips for incorporating sun protection practices easily into your programme along with covering some frequently mentioned issues:
- Whether or not to restrict children’s access to outdoor play
- How to get good support from parents and families
- Management’s responsibility to staff, and staff own responsibility for personal sun protection
Check out also our other ChildForum articles on this website. These include: some great teaching ideas and activities, ECE service sun protection policy guidelines and template, shade planning and design information and guidance, and internationally accepted recommendations for best practices for keeping children safe with discussion of special considerations for infants.
The rest of this information or article is for our early childhood service members. Has your service joined us? Log in with your ECE service’s username and password.
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles - along with support and a range of other benefits as outlined on the Join Us page
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and the articles in all past and current jounral issues.