Noise articles in this series
- Child screams and impact on teacher and carer hearing "What did you say? I can’t hear you. I’m cuddling a circular saw!"
- When teachers and staff suspect hearing loss or ringing and buzzing in the ears - how to know if you have hearing loss, what you can do
- Your service's legal responsibilities in regard to noise control and protection
- The Hearing Status and Exposure to Noise of Early Childhood Staff Published in the: NZ Research in ECE Journal, Vol.12, 2009.
- Noise in early childhood centres and how safe is the noise? Published in the NZ Research in ECE Journal, Vol.8, 2005.
- “A Kind of Serene Feeling Washing Over the Centre”: the Use of Background Music to Improve the Auditory Environment in an Early Childhood Centre Setting". Published in: The NZ Research in ECE Journal, Vol.10, 2007.
Strategies and ways to control and reduce noise at your ECE service
The article provided below for ECE Service members provides practical stategies for ECE services on how to reduce harmful noise levels/ noise minimisation.
It focuses on how you can create and ensure an environment that is safe for the hearing of all children and adults - not to mention happier and better for learning.
Oops ... you are attempting to read material in the ECE Service member area. Only ECE Services can access this. Don't miss out!
To keep reading, you need to login
Is your ECE service not a member? Look below ↓ for the click here button below ↓ It will take you to the membership page to choose your own unique username and password.