This template will help you develop and review your early childhood service’s child protection policy.
Updated: March 2016
1. Rationale - Why do you need this policy?
Describe your commitment to protect children from child abuse and neglect. Include discussion about:
- Teachers as advocates for children, speaking up for them.
- The vulnerability of children – those that should be helping them may be harming them.
- Benefits of having clear child protection policies and procedures.
- Ensures suspected abuse is acted upon.
- Protects staff from false allegations.
- How this fits with your ECE service’s philosophy and goals.
Refer to legislative requirements and your commitment to meeting these. Refer to:
To keep reading, login with your ECE Service's member username and password. If you don't know what your service's login is ask your manager or team leader
Not a member? Click on the blue button below to join