This template will help you develop and review your early childhood service’s child protection policy.
Updated: March 2016
1. Rationale - Why do you need this policy?
Describe your commitment to protect children from child abuse and neglect. Include discussion about:
- Teachers as advocates for children, speaking up for them.
- The vulnerability of children – those that should be helping them may be harming them.
- Benefits of having clear child protection policies and procedures.
- Ensures suspected abuse is acted upon.
- Protects staff from false allegations.
- How this fits with your ECE service’s philosophy and goals.
Refer to legislative requirements and your commitment to meeting these. Refer to:
Oops ... you are attempting to read material in the ECE Service member area. Only ECE Services can access this. Don't miss out!
To keep reading, you need to login
Is your ECE service not a member? Look below ↓ for the click here button below ↓ It will take you to the membership page to choose your own unique username and password.