Note that the job description should be
· Referred to when undertaking the annual review of the employee’s job performance.
· Reviewed and updated as changes in the service, the requirements of the job and regulatory environment occur.
The Typical Characteristics of a Job Description
1. Contains an outline of key responsibilities (duties) and accountabilities
2. Is unique to the role and the current context and conditions the appointee will be working under.
3. Reflects the individual values and vision of the early childhood service
4. Clearly explains what is expected of the person
5. Includes a person specification listing required skills, experience and qualifications
6. Usually between 2 – 5 typewritten A4 pages in length
7. Signed and dated by the employee and employer
SAMPLE JOB DESCRIIPTION
Position: Early Childhood Service Director
Reporting to: Owner’s name, Management Committee, or Licensee
Direct reports: Teachers, relieving staff, support worker, cleaner, cook, regular volunteers and students on placement
Service mission statement and core values: __________________________
Sorry, this information or article is available only to early childhood service members. Log in with your ECE service’s username and password to read more and view the full page.
Here’s how our membership plans work;
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles. Also, on this membership plan members can access the online discussion form for individual members AND the online ECE service management / business forum.
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and related research articles only
Should you not hold a current membership, or should you wish to apply to upgrade from an individual to an ECE Service membership plan for your ECE service – you are welcome to apply now.