Usually conducted annually, the appraisal is a strategy for evaluating performance and offers opportunity to:
- Reflect on your performance level and set goals with your appraiser that will enhance work quality and benefit the service.
- Provide a check that you are performing as expected and identify strengths and gaps/weakness along with determining any help, training and supervision needs.
- Identify and acknowledge your achievements and work application, boosting your morale and self-respect.
- Identify new learning that may be needed to respond to changes in the early childhood field, your local community, and society.
The Ministry of Education expects ECE service managers to have a performance management system in place that includes a process for their own appraisal (Regulation 47 (1)(a)).
The rest of this information or article is for our early childhood service members. Has your service joined us? Log in with your ECE service’s username and password.
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles - along with support and a range of other benefits as outlined on the Join Us page
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and the articles in all past and current jounral issues.