Usually conducted annually, the appraisal is a strategy for evaluating performance and offers opportunity to:
- Reflect on your performance level and set goals with your appraiser that will enhance work quality and benefit the service.
- Provide a check that you are performing as expected and identify strengths and gaps/weakness along with determining any help, training and supervision needs.
- Identify and acknowledge your achievements and work application, boosting your morale and self-respect.
- Identify new learning that may be needed to respond to changes in the early childhood field, your local community, and society.
The Ministry of Education expects ECE service managers to have a performance management system in place that includes a process for their own appraisal (Regulation 47 (1)(a)).
This information or article is exclusively for our early childhood service members holding a full membership
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Members can view all the individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Full Early Childhood Service Members (staff and managers) can view everything including individual member articles, ECE research journals, and management and business (Go to the Join Us page for more details)
- Research Library subscribers have access only to our online library of Research Journals (this includes all past and current journal issues).
If you are not yet a member you are welcome to apply now by going to the JOIN US page.