The Ministry of Education have notified of changes to the licensing criteria for licensed early childhood services.
The changes were notified in the Government's "New Zealand Gazette" on 25 February 2016 and compliance was made effective the next day.
It was extraordinary short notice of the details, though the Ministry had earlier signalled that changes were coming in.
If you do not want to be found to be breaking the law check:
- you have completed the following documentation (see below)
- all members of staff, board members, professional leaders and owners are conversant with the new health and safety, and management and administration practices now required (see below)
Links are included to relevant ChildForum resources that you can use to make your job of compliance with the new and changed criteria easier.
Sorry, this information or article is available only to early childhood service members. Log in with your ECE service’s username and password to read more and view the full page.
Here’s how our membership plans work;
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles. Also, on this membership plan members can access the online discussion form for individual members AND the online ECE service management / business forum.
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and related research articles only
Should you not hold a current membership, or should you wish to apply to upgrade from an individual to an ECE Service membership plan for your ECE service – you are welcome to apply now.