The Ministry of Education have notified of changes to the licensing criteria for licensed early childhood services.
The changes were notified in the Government's "New Zealand Gazette" on 25 February 2016 and compliance was made effective the next day.
It was extraordinary short notice of the details, though the Ministry had earlier signalled that changes were coming in.
If you do not want to be found to be breaking the law check:
- you have completed the following documentation (see below)
- all members of staff, board members, professional leaders and owners are conversant with the new health and safety, and management and administration practices now required (see below)
Links are included to relevant ChildForum resources that you can use to make your job of compliance with the new and changed criteria easier.
The rest of this information or article is for our early childhood service members. Has your service joined us? Log in with your ECE service’s username and password.
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles - along with support and a range of other benefits as outlined on the Join Us page
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and the articles in all past and current jounral issues.