The Ministry of Education have notified of changes to the licensing criteria for licensed early childhood services.
The changes were notified in the Government's "New Zealand Gazette" on 25 February 2016 and compliance was made effective the next day.
It was extraordinary short notice of the details, though the Ministry had earlier signalled that changes were coming in.
If you do not want to be found to be breaking the law check:
- you have completed the following documentation (see below)
- all members of staff, board members, professional leaders and owners are conversant with the new health and safety, and management and administration practices now required (see below)
Links are included to relevant ChildForum resources that you can use to make your job of compliance with the new and changed criteria easier.
This information or article is exclusively for our early childhood service members holding a full membership
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Members can view all the individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Full Early Childhood Service Members (staff and managers) can view everything including individual member articles, ECE research journals, and management and business (Go to the Join Us page for more details)
- Research Library subscribers have access only to our online library of Research Journals (this includes all past and current journal issues).
If you are not yet a member you are welcome to apply now by going to the JOIN US page.