Note that the job description should be
· Referred to when undertaking the annual review of the employee’s job performance.
· Reviewed and updated as changes in the service, the requirements of the job and regulatory environment occur.
The Typical Characteristics of a Job Description
1. Contains an outline of key responsibilities (duties) and accountabilities
2. Is unique to the role and the current context and conditions the appointee will be working under.
3. Reflects the individual values and vision of the early childhood service
4. Clearly explains what is expected of the person
5. Includes a person specification listing required skills, experience and qualifications
6. Usually between 2 – 5 typewritten A4 pages in length
7. Signed and dated by the employee and employer
SAMPLE JOB DESCRIIPTION
Position: Early Childhood Service Director
Reporting to: Owner’s name, Management Committee, or Licensee
Direct reports: Teachers, relieving staff, support worker, cleaner, cook, regular volunteers and students on placement
Service mission statement and core values: __________________________
This information or article is exclusively for our early childhood service members holding a full membership
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Members can view all the individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Full Early Childhood Service Members (staff and managers) can view everything including individual member articles, ECE research journals, and management and business (Go to the Join Us page for more details)
- Research Library subscribers have access only to our online library of Research Journals (this includes all past and current journal issues).
If you are not yet a member you are welcome to apply now by going to the JOIN US page.