Note that the job description should be
· Referred to when undertaking the annual review of the employee’s job performance.
· Reviewed and updated as changes in the service, the requirements of the job and regulatory environment occur.
The Typical Characteristics of a Job Description
1. Contains an outline of key responsibilities (duties) and accountabilities
2. Is unique to the role and the current context and conditions the appointee will be working under.
3. Reflects the individual values and vision of the early childhood service
4. Clearly explains what is expected of the person
5. Includes a person specification listing required skills, experience and qualifications
6. Usually between 2 – 5 typewritten A4 pages in length
7. Signed and dated by the employee and employer
SAMPLE JOB DESCRIIPTION
Position: Early Childhood Service Director
Reporting to: Owner’s name, Management Committee, or Licensee
Direct reports: Teachers, relieving staff, support worker, cleaner, cook, regular volunteers and students on placement
Service mission statement and core values: __________________________
To keep reading, login with your ECE Service's member username and password. If you don't know what your service's login is ask your manager or team leader
Not a member? Click on the blue button below to join