A note from ChildForum: We recommend this training to everyone working in the early childhood sector to help to keep themselves safe and to help employers meet Health and Safety at Work Act legal obligations. ChildForum has not asked for nor receives any commission.
Manual Handling Online Course for Early Childhood Educators
Easily accessible, flexible, professional development opportunity
THINK ABOUT YOUR DAY
The number of times you lifted children:
> On/off change tables
> On/off the floor In/out of cots
> On/off the ground or playground equipment.
It goes without saying that creating an excellent learning environment is always at the forefront of your mind, but it is important to also note that the majority of your day is spent doing manual handling tasks.
The team at Edusafe are experts at teaching people to safely and effectively engage with their work environment to optimise their productivity while ensuring staff are using preventative measures to mitigate health and safety risks.
We help people working in an Early Childhood environment to comply with their legal responsibility, as per the recent Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA).
After working with us, clients report that they have experienced the following benefits:
- A better understanding of health and safety from all staff
- A decrease of reported injuries
- Documented legal compliance with the new 2016 health & safety laws (NZ)
- Can help to decrease ACC levies
- Improved team communications
- Planned work flow resulting in improved efficiency
- Greatly improved productivity
- Improved staff health and morale
- Reduced stress levels throughout teams
- Teams feeling valued and cared for by the organisation
- Great induction tool for new teachers
In consultation with the Early Childhood sector, Edusafe has developed a cost effective and interactive online manual handling course aimed at developing the capabilities of you and your team.
The online training takes about 1 hour to complete.
At the end of the course, each participant is issued with a certificate, valid for 12 months, which can be used as evidence of professional development.
To keep you and your team on track with manual handling, visit www.edusafe.co.nz
Sign your team up for our training programme now!
Sorry, this information or article is available only to early childhood service members. Log in with your ECE service’s username and password to read more and view the full page.
Here’s how our membership plans work;
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles. Also, on this membership plan members can access the online discussion form for individual members AND the online ECE service management / business forum.
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and related research articles only
Should you not hold a current membership, or should you wish to apply to upgrade from an individual to an ECE Service membership plan for your ECE service – you are welcome to apply now.