Poutama: Stepping up for young gifted learners (Early years teachers and kaiako only)
For the first time EVER, the Ministry of Education have put some money into PLD for gifted learners in early childhood education.
Micro modules are being delivered with distance support and/or direct support in the early childhood service with teachers/ kaiako and whānau.
- individual teachers/ kaiako, or
- an early childhood staff team.
You may also be interested in reading
White, V. & Riley, T. (2017). Advancing early childhood educators’ access to professional learning in gifted and talented education. NZ International Research in Early Childhood Education Journal.Special Issue: Early Childhood Teachers and their Work, 20(2), 34 - 49.
- The Joy of Having a Young Gifted Child - A Parent's Experience
- How to identify a child gifted in reading and provide a responsive ECE learning environment
- Research report: Views, teaching practices, resourcing and administration issues relating to gifted children in NZ early childhood education
- Gifted Children: Feedback on a Survey of the Education of Gifted Children Under 8 Years of Age
- Workshop Presentations on the topic of Education for Gifted Children in ECE