Manuscripts are invited to be submitted for consideration for publication in the forthcoming issue of the New Zealand International Research in Early Childhood Education Journal.
The closing date for submissions is 12 August 2019
The journal publishes research results, critiques, methodological papers and theoretical articles relating to children’s education, wellbeing and care in the early years (from conception and up to eight years of age).
Research relating to teaching and learning, pedagogical approaches, early intervention, parenting, child health, child safety, child development, and teacher/parent education are particularly welcome.
Papers examining a research method, an aspect of methodology, or contributing to the development of theory are also invited.
Papers may take the following forms:
- Reporting original research. This is blind peer-reviewed. A report of original research (3,000-5,000 words).
- Providing an in-depth critical review. This is blind peer-reviewed. A critical in-depth analysis and review of research or theory, which may be in relation to policy and/or practice contexts or issues (3,000-5,000 words)
2. Research Note: This is not normally sent out for blind peer-review but will be reviewed within the editorial team. This option may suit student researchers and first time writers. It may also suit experienced researchers who would like to share their research or publish an aspect of it, but do not have time to prepare a full article.
A description of an original research project, a description of part of an original project, or a reflective examination of some aspect of the research experience. Initial findings of an ongoing project are also welcomed (up to 2,000 words).
3. Other: Other paper types (such as Research Methods or Ethics papers, Commentaries, and Occasional papers) may be considered by the Editor on an individual basis. Please check and discuss the appropriateness of your paper with the Editor before submitting. These papers are blind peer-reviewed.
Literature reviews are generally not accepted - please do not submit a literature review. However, articles that include critical reviews of literature on a topic and that provide commentary and a new way of looking at a problem or add to the knowledge base may be considered.
Instructions for preparing a manuscript can be found by clicking here. Please follow the instructions closely when preparing your manuscript.
Manuscripts which exceed word limits, do not adhere to manuscript requirements, or have spelling and grammatical errors will be returned for correction prior to commencement of the review process.
Manuscripts submitted for publication elsewhere should not be submitted to the NZIRECE journal. The NZIRECE journal publishes only original work.
Please make sure to remove your name/s and any identifying information from your manuscript and text if it is being submitted for blind peer-review.
Should you be submitting a Research Note which is not blind peer-reviewed, your name and workplace affiliation should be included on the cover page.
To keep reading, login with your member's username and password
Here’s how our membership plans work
- Individual Members can view all the individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals.
- Full Early Childhood Service Members (staff and managers) can view everything including individual member articles, ECE research journals, and management and business (Go to the Join Us page for more details)
- Research Library subscribers have access only to our online library of Research Journals (this includes all past and current journal issues).
If you are not yet a member you are welcome to apply now - it takes only a few minutes to apply Go to the JOIN US page