Manuscripts are now being invited to be submitted for consideration for publication in the forthcoming general issue of the New Zealand International Research in Early Childhood Education Journal.
Submissions must be received by 24th February, 2017 to be considered for the current issue.
The journal publishes research results, critiques, methodological papers and theoretical articles relating to children’s education, wellbeing and care in the early years (from conception and up to eight years of age).
Research relating to teaching and learning, pedagogical approaches, early intervention, parenting, child health, child safety, child development, and teacher/parent education are particularly welcome.
Papers examining a research method, an aspect of methodology, or contributing to the development of theory are also invited.
Papers may take the following forms:
- Reporting original research. This is blind peer-reviewed. A report of original research (3,000-5,000 words).
- Providing an in-depth critical review. This is blind peer-reviewed. A critical in-depth analysis and review of research or theory, which may be in relation to policy and/or practice contexts or issues (3,000-5,000 words)
2. Research Note: This is not normally sent out for blind peer-review but will be reviewed within the editorial team. A description of an original research project, a description of part of an original project, or a reflective examination of some aspect of the research experience. Initial findings of an ongoing project are also welcomed (up to 2,000 words).
3. Other: Other paper types (such as Research Methods or Ethics papers, Commentaries, and Occasional papers) may be considered by the Editor on an individual basis. Please check and discuss the appropriateness of your paper with the Editor before submitting. These papers are blind peer-reviewed.
Literature reviews are generally not accepted - please do not submit a literature review. However, articles that include critical reviews of literature on a topic and that provide commentary and a new way of looking at a problem or add to the knowledge base may be considered.
Instructions for preparing a manuscript can be found by clicking here. Please follow the instructions closely when preparing your manuscript.
Manuscripts which exceed word limits, do not adhere to manuscript requirements, or have spelling and grammatical errors will be returned for correction prior to commencement of the review process.
Manuscripts submitted for publication elsewhere should not be submitted to the NZRECE journal. The NZRECE journal publishes only original work.
Submission Process and Deadline
Make sure that this sent by 24th February 2017 (if your manuscript is ready before this date please send it early as earlier is better)
Please make sure to remove your name/s and any identifying information from your manuscript and text if it is being submitted for blind peer-review.
Should you be submitting a Research Note which is not blind peer-reviewed, your name and workplace affiliation should be included on the cover page.
To keep reading and view the full article login with your member's username and password
Here’s how our membership plans work:
- Individual Membership plans can view both Individual member-only articles and our library of Research Journals (but not the ECE Service management article area). In addition, individual members can discuss and ask questions of fellow members any time through the online childcare and early childhood education practice, policy, and research discussion forum.
- Early Childhood Service plans can view ALL member articles: Individual, Research Journals and Early Childhood Service articles. Also on this membership plan members can access the online discussion forum for individual members AND the online ECE service management / business forum.
- Research Journal subscription plans can view our library of Research Journals and related research articles only
Should you not hold a current membership – you are welcome to apply now.