You are welcome to tell your friends and colleagues about this newsletter. If you have a problem reading this email you can view the full newsletter online
- Teacher pay
- Halloween and Guy Fawkes
- Term breaks for children and teachers
- What you don't know about the new Minister of Education
- Sandpits - health and safety
- Behavioural disorders
- Teacher registration/ certification - how to set up an excellent folder easily, the cost free way of doing this, choosing a mentor, and resources
- Invitation to contribute to research on children's social behaviours
- Call for research papers
For more news items and more than a thousand ECE articles go direct to our early childhood education website.
1. Teacher Pay
The Greens support pay parity for early childhood, primary and secondary teachers. NZ First says it will ensure all ECE service providers achieve a 100% certificated teaching ratio. Labour says it will make 80% a legal requirement during its first term in Government and will continue to aim for 100%.
2. Halloween and Guy Fawkes
> Halloween activities to do with young children and teaching ideas (31st October)
> Guy Fawkes activities to do with young children and teaching ideas (5th November)
3. If school children and teachers need term breaks - do younger children and ECE teachers need term breaks too?
4. What you don't know about the new Minister of Education
5. Sandpits - health and safety
7. Behavioural Disorders
8. Teacher Registration/ Certification Folder and Mentoring
- how to set up a folder
- goals to choose
- what to put in
- how should be your mentor and requirements
- list of helpful free resources for additional info
9. Invitation to Contribute to Research on Children's Social Behaviours
10. Call for Early Childhood Research Papers
Submissions must be received by or before 5th February 2018 to be considered for the next issue of the NZ-International Research in ECE Journal.
New email address? Let us know if your email address has changed.
If you don't hold a current membership go to our website at www.childforum.com to join
Follow our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/childforum