This week's quick notices are
- Accessing the best early childhood research and theory
- World Teachers' Day, 5th October
- Job ads
- Consultation on the draft reviewed early childhood qualifications at Levels 2-6
And, just to let you know that the latest "Early Childhood Alert" newsletter for members featured the following:
- It's birthday season - officially! See baby name information and what you need to know about celebrating with birthday cakes (or not) in ECE services
- Employers and leaders - get some brilliant insights and tips on managing your team and fostering teamwork
- What type of nappies are best? And, who can change nappies?
- Power cuts - policy for preparing in the event of a power cut and requirements to follow if there is no electricity
- Grief - responding to a grieving child and questions about death and dying
If you did not receive the latest Early Childhood Alert, contact us and ask about joining.
1. Accessing the best Early Childhood Research and Theory
There is now a new page on our website listing all articles and volumes of the NZ-International Research in Early Childhood Education Journal. There are scholarly articles on just about every topic imaginable. Take a look. You can find it at this link NZIRECE.
If you know someone who is interested in reading, using, or doing research, then this is a page they need to check out.
2. World Teachers' Day, 5th October
Get ready for World Teachers' Day. It's time to think about and prepare what you and your children will do to recognise their teachers. Tap or click on the link to go to a ChildForum early childhood teacher article: World Teachers' Day
World Teachers' Day this year (2020) is on the theme of leadership and coping in the new Covid-19 world.
3. Job ads
This week's positions:
ECE qualified casual roles - Court Contact Supervisor - Manawatu/ Palmerston North (also Wairarapa, Hutt Valley, Wellington, Canterbury)
Preschool teacher for boutique centre in Takanini
"We are a community centre licenced for 35 over two years old children in a very beautifully set up learning environment. As our centre is full, we are now looking for that special teacher to manage the pre-schoolers effectively." Find out more here
Team Leader Position - Educare Warkworth
"We are growing rapidly and as a result, you will be responsible for supporting the Centre Manager in the day-to-day running of our centre. This includes centre enrolments, developing strong relationships with tamariki, whanau and the community, coaching and mentoring your team and ensuring our excellent standards of education and care are met." Find out more here
ECE teacher to join our phenomenal akoga kamata team in Lower Hutt, Naenae
"If you want to be part of a very passionate team who is serious about taking children’s learning and play to another level then we would love to hear from you." Find out more here
Teach at our Reggio inspired centre in Papakura, Auckland
"Here is an opening for an ECE qualified and experienced reggio teacher to join the new, vibrant, well-settled team with a beautiful learning environment in the babies' room." Find out more here
4. Consultation on the draft reviewed early childhood qualifications at Levels 2-6
Submit notices for inclusion
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/childforum
ChildForum Office of Pre-Primary Education